Serbia is a landlocked country in South East Europe that covers part of the Pannonian Plain and Central and Western Balkan Peninsula. It borders Hungary to the north, Romania and Bulgaria to the east, North Macedonia and Kosovo to the south, and Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Montenegro to the west. It is also an official candidate for membership in the European Union. The country has many natural features that make it amazingly beautiful. Known as the ‘Land of Springs,’ Serbia is bathed with picturesque natural beauty, castles, archaeological sites, monasteries, villages, spas and many others.
Serbia is a peaceful, home to reach diversity of culture, welcoming country which ranks highly in the human development index & global peace index
Study MBBS/MD in Serbia with top Ranked Medical University
Studying MBBS in Georgia adds an extra-edge to your MBBS/MD career because you will get hands-on practical learning experience because of extensive clinical exposure. The hospitals in Serbia provide cadavers to enable experimental learning.
The medical universities of Georgia have always been an attraction for MBBS/MD aspiring students from all across the globe. Many international students apply to various top medical colleges in Serbia, seeking admission to an MBBS/MD degree. The affordable cost of living and the best quality medical education standards make Georgia the most preferred destination in Europe for students who aim to study MBBS abroad.
TOP RANKED MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN SERBIA
|Tbilisi State Medical University
|University of Belgrade
|University of Novi Sad
What are the significant advantages of pursuing an MBBS/MD degree from Serbia?
- High standard of medical education at an affordable cost.
- MBBS/MD education is available in English medium for international students.
- The MBBS/MD program is fully accredited by the institutions like World Health Organization (WHO), International Medical Education Directory (IMED), General Medical Council (UK), Australian Medical Council (AMC), Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG of USA) & Medical Council of India /NMC.
- Universities provide enough clinical exposure at university affiliated hospitals.
- Quality of education is in sync with the international education system, and the curriculum is upgraded with the need and time.
- The admission procedure is systematic, and pre-set methods are to be followed.
- Minimal crime rate and thus very safe nation for students.
- The cost of living is not too high, and accommodation is budget-friendly.
Career option after completing MBBS/MD degree from Serbia
- Medical Universities in Serbia provide world-class medical education. The MBBS program in Serbia leads to an MD degree. The degree is globally recognized. Numerous career options are available after pursuing MBBS in Serbia.
- The student can pursue their post-graduation course in the medical field in the USA, UK, Canada, and any other European country as per the admission norms set by the respective countries.
- Indian students can appear for FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates examination exam) in India, a licensure examination conducted twice a year annually in June and December and directed by the National Board of Examination in India.
- They can render their medical service in any part of the world. The medical degree from Serbia is highly recognized & accepted all across the globe.
MBBS/MD course duration & medium of instruction in Serbia
- The course duration of the MBBS/MD degree is six years. The medical course includes pre-clinical subjects, clinical medicines and hands-on practical training.
Accommodation facilities during MBBS/MD in Serbia
- The University of Nis does not offer hostel for international students. However, the city offers many affordable options near by the university campus. Sunrise Star Overseas Education consultancy will help students to find the most suitable accommodation for their needs, according to the standards and budget.
Admission requirements for Indian & International students
- The aspirant must have passed with an aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- The aspirants must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- Aspirants must have completed 17 years to 25 years of age during the time of admission
- NEET qualification- Indian Students must have qualified the NEET exam with an eligible score of fifty percentile. The medical aspirants of the other countries have to check the examination norms and rules of their respective countries.
- IELTS or TOEFL scores for a proof of English language proficiency. But IELTS or TOEFL scores are not mandatory.
- The aspirants will have to appear for an online entrance or some time test will be conducted in the university.
- Once student qualify the entrance test, then they are eligible for direct admission to pursue the MBBS/MD program, else; they will get an opportunity to enrol in a three-month of preparatory course to pursue the MBBS/MD program.
Procedure of admission
- Download the application form on the official website of the university.
- Fill the application form carefully and furnish all the information carefully.
- All education credentials and birth certificate to be duly apostle by ministry of external / ministry of foreign affair.
- Upload all the soft copy of required documents
- Pay the application fees of EUR 50
- University will conduct online exam.
- Once you qualify the exam. University will issue admission / invitation letter.
- After receiving admission / invitation letter from university, then transfer first year tuition fees to the university.
- Along with the entire set of document, apply for student visa..
- You will get visa approval within 6-8 weeks.
- During the admission process in the university, student must present all original documents.
Documents required for admission
- Mark sheets of X and XII standard
- NEET scorecard with qualifying marks
- Migration certificate
- Birth certificate in English
- Admission & invitation letter.
- A valid passport & visa
- Medical certificate that has a complete record of vaccination & medical fitness certificate
- Bank statement of guardian as a confirmation to afford tuition fees and living cost
Visa processing time
The processing time for the study visa of Serbia takes 45-60 working days after submitting the visa application.