Is studying MBBS/MD in Ukraine a good option for students?
The answer unquestionably - YES!
Ukraine is one of the best and most famous destination for MBBS/MD abroad among Indian & overseas students. It is, in fact, one of the top 5 destinations for MBBS/MD for many medical aspirants. Ukraine is the country providing quality medical education.
Ukraine is surrounded by other countries from four sides: Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, and Moldova. It is known as the largest country on the European continent. The official language is Ukrainian, but English and Russian languages are also commonly used. The dominant religions observed in Ukraine are Greek Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy.
Ukraine, the East European country with 42 million people, is known for its top-notch medical education. It has distinct legislative, executive, and judicial branches. With all these working in close synergy, Ukraine has a peaceful and well-managed governmental organization making it a country of peace and safety.
Ukraine is a peaceful European country with a calm aura with the communal agreement and offers good safety for foreigners. The locals are amiable, warm, and cooperative with international students. Ukraine is gaining a lot of popularity among international students, especially Indians, to enjoy European living standards and avail themselves of the best quality education at the most reasonable price.
The medical universities of Ukraine offer the best quality of medical education that adheres to all the parameters of high-standard learning at an affordable cost to the students. The Ukrainian government provides regular help and support to medical universities for maintaining their quality of education.
Study MBBS in Ukraine with top Medical University
MBBS/MD in Ukraine is the best option for many Indian and overseas aspirants to pursue the best quality medical education at a comparatively low cost. The country encompasses many government medical universities that offer MBBS/MD and other degrees in medicine at affordable fees.
The medical universities of Ukraine enhance learning by integrating theory and practice. This integrated learning helps students to gain hands-on practical experience of the subject taught in their course.
On completing a medical study in Ukraine successfully, the students are awarded the ‘MD Physician’ degree. This degree is equivalent to an MBBS degree in India, as per the National Medical Commission. Every year umpteen numbers international students apply to pursue their career in the medical field in Ukraine.
Some medical universities in Ukraine rank among the top 500 universities all across the globe. Every year globally acclaimed medical academicians and graduates are passed out from the top medical universities of Ukraine.
The medicine course taught in varied prestigious medical universities of Ukraine abides by the high standards of education and has umpteen good facilities, proper environment for students to receive education, good infrastructural facilities, and safety.
TOP RANKED MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN UKRAINE
|Vinnytsia National Pirogov Memorial Medical University
||City of Vinnytsia
|O. O. Bogomolets National Medical University
|Kharkiv National Medical University
What are the significant advantages of pursuing an MBBS/MD degree from Ukraine?
The medical universities in Ukraine are ranked high in all the parameters of MBBS/MD education all across the globe.
The benefits of studying MBBS/MD in Ukraine are as follows:
- World-Class Medical Universities: The medical universities of Ukraine are world-class, offering top-notch quality of medical education. The best medical colleges are globally recognized by institutions like WHO, ECFMG, FAIMER, NMC, IMA & MCI (Medical Council of India)
- University status: Most of the medical universities are government regulated and exist from the ages of the yore providing high standard medical education at affordable tuition fees.
- Accreditation: Medical universities are approved & recognised by Ministry of Education & Science, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
- Quality Education: The medical universities of Ukraine provide the best quality medical education with excellent infrastructure. All the universities offer integrated learning experiences where the theory is in sync with the practice for a clear understanding of the concepts taught.
- Internationally recognized MBBS/MD degree: The MBBS degree from Ukraine, known as MD Physician, is recognized by most of the countries, including UK, Germany, Australia, USA & India.
- European credit transfer and accumulation system (ECTS): The medical universities of Ukraine follow the ECTS system. This system is designed to helps international students to get great benefits. The system measures and compares learning achievements and allows the learners to transfer credits from one higher education institution to another quickly. It makes students' performance more transparent and comparable across all the countries that are members of the European higher education area.
- English medium: The medium of instruction for the entire six-year MD course in Ukraine is English. Medical Universities will also teach the local language to the students to help them during their clinical work.
- Low fee structure: The prestigious medical Universities offer the best quality MBBS/MD education at low tuition fees.
- Small strength of the class: The student-teacher ratio in the medical colleges of Ukraine is a small class size ensures that every student gets adequate attention.
- International license exams eligibility: Indian students are eligible to apply for international licensing exams like USMLE of the USA, PLAB of UK, and many more after graduating from Ukraine.
- High FMGE passing percentage: Ukraine has a higher FMGE passing percentage than China, Russia, Georgia, Germany, and other countries.
- Systematic admission process: Admission process in the medical universities of Ukraine is a systematic process and the students are not required to appear for any entrance or language tests like IELTS, TOFEL, etc. The student needs to qualify NEET exam, and it is one of the eligibility criteria for admission to the top ranked medical universities.
- International exposure: You will get acquainted with varied cultures and customs when studying with students from different countries in Ukrainian medical universities. Furthermore, medical universities offer various opportunities for participating in international exchange programs, scientific projects, and conferences. All these provide great international exposure to Indian & overseas students.
- Indian mess: Mess is available in the almost every University of Ukraine which serves homely vegetarian and non-vegetarian food to the students.
- Safe environment: All medical universities offer students a safe and secure environment to study peacefully.
Career option after completing MBBS/MD degree from Ukraine
After completing successful MBBS/MD education from Ukraine, the aspirants can choose from the following career options:
- Once the MBBS/MD degree is pursued from Ukraine, the Indian students can appear from the NMC screening test for the FMGE/NEXT exam.
- The student can pursue their post-graduation course in the medical field in the USA, UK, Canada, and any other European country as per the admission norms set by the respective countries.
- Indian students can appear for FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates examination exam) in India, a licensure examination conducted twice a year annually in June and December and directed by the National Board of Examination in India.
Hostel and accommodation facilities during MBBS/MD in Ukraine
During the duration of their MBBS/MD course in Ukraine, students get great accommodation options:
- Every medical university in Ukraine offers hostels for international students.
- All the hostels are safe, provided with essential facilities and modern amenities. There are also sharing room options for students to opt.
- All the rooms are clean, well maintained, well ventilated, and provided with clean bed sheets, blankets, tables, chairs, and other amenities that help students study comfortably and in peace.
- The hostels have standard kitchen rooms for cooking Indian food. Also, the students are provided with washing machines. There is also a clean Indian mess that provides homely Indian food.
- The charges of hostel vary from university to university. However, they are very affordable.
MBBS course duration & medium of instruction in Ukraine
- The total course duration of MBBS in Ukraine is six years.
- The medium of instruction will be English for the entire course duration.
- The students will be taught the local language by the university.
- There are no extra charges for the language training, and is the part of the curriculum for learning the local language will be helpful for the interaction with patients during hospital visits and internships.
- Learning the local language will also help in interaction with the locals.
Admission requirements for Indian & overseas students
Getting admission to the medical university in Ukraine for Indian and overseas students through Sunrise Star Overseas Education Consultancy is quite easy & systematic process. Following are the admission requirements:
- Educational qualification- Aspirants must have scored 60% and above marks in their Higher Secondary exam from a recognized board.
- HSC pass percentage - Required 60% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry & Biology and English as a compulsory subjects.
- Having good command over English language.
- Candidates should be above 17 years of age on, or before 31st December during the year of their admission process.
- NEET qualification- Students must have cleared the NEET exam with an eligible score of fifty percentile. The medical aspirants of the other countries have to check the examination norms and rules of their respective countries.
- Having Valid passport.
- Ten identical white background passport size photos (50m m x 50m m).
- Download the admission form from the website.
- Forward duly filled & signed the admission form to the consultancy.
Documents required for admission
Following set of documents to be scanned & forwarded via mail to the consultancy to proceed further for admission & invitation letter from the university:
- Secondary School certificate and mark sheet.
- Higher Secondary school certificate and mark sheet.
- Birth certificate.
- Report card of NEET exam.
- Passport copy.
- Ten identical white background passport size photos (50mm x 50m m).
- Medical fitness certificate by Doctor.
Visa processing time
The processing time for the study visa in Belarus is twenty five working days after submitting the visa application. This time duration is significantly less as compared to any other country.